2020 came with unanticipated carnage. Families were divided, lives taken, and loneliness and despair overshadowed some. Personally, I had two major losses but in spite of everything that went wrong in 2020, I was able to slice out some takeaways. Here’s a few things I learned:
1. Spend less – 12 months of having no place to go so there was no need for that new hand bag, those shoes or any clothing below the waist. 😂
2. Be deliberate – I learned to slow down and put thought into my decisions, activities, and actions.
3. Family first – I learned to prioritize family over everything else; to stop taking loved ones for granted because in the blink of an eye they could be gone.
4. Eliminate distractions – focused on making the day count. I had to remove some “stuff” that didn’t fuel my purpose. Yes, that included some TV shows that I had out grown but hadn’t let go of.
5. Ground each day – Making my morning routines habitual. Centering my self so that I’m not easily knocked off my square has been essential for my mental and spiritual health.
What did you learn in 2020 that you will preserve?